Monday, December 21, 2009

Holiday

I guess i did not mention that i switched job again, for your info, i'm not a job hopper cos i don't like going for interview just like everyone else. I leave KHS because of the long working hours and drama my boss creates everytime she's in office. I don't like drama, but drama seems to appear everywhere i go.. Hate it!

I must say that i'm really fortunate to get this offer from my current company and really glad to accept it too. I went for this interview in the afternoon during my lunch break and was told by my now-manager that i'm one of the potential candidate she shortlisted, she actually shortlisted 1 already but she says that i've higher chance due to my work experience. Am really glad to hear that. =) During the interview she told me about the company benefits and their practices in the office, i was so excited and thrilled and pray that i could get the job and eventually did when i received a call from John (my agent) that they wanted to secure me in case i accept other offer from other companies as i told her i've a few more interviews lining up to go when she told me she will call me in two days time to inform me if i got the job but she made her decision on the very day.

I was so relieved that i could leave KHS at that point of time. I can still remember working till 12am that Friday with no air con and food since lunch at 1pm really make me giddy.. My boss was really selfish, she's actually munching biscuits in her office while i work my ass off outside without offering me any.. Don't she have any idea what time is it already.. She didn't even ask me to take a cab home and claim from the office so i did it myself, she can't possibly ask me to walk home or pay my own cab fare right.. Was pretty angry that day, i've to work till so late all because of the colleagues in India. Not only that, our payday is not fixed too, they only say pay will be end of the month but not saying which date. What's more, i've been with the company for 3 months but i still haven't get an answer regarding my annual leave,etc despite asking my HR AVP for 3times. Sick of chasing him, i decide to leave the company and so i went for job hunting.. Not to mention i have to liase with India colleagues, it's pretty hard to understand them sometime with their sentence all rolled up, i was referring to their accent. I'm just not used to that, i'm sorry. But now, we speak Mandarin here to everyone even to our boss. Loved it! Hehe.. Not only that, people here are really nice.. =)

So here i am with my current company for about 2 months now, still coming to work happily each day. No more staying back which is what my manager promised me. =) Fixed date for salary and everything in black and white.

Oh ya, 3days ago, i heard from my ex-colleague that he left KHS too.. Now the office left only R, and she's in India now which means the office is empty.. Kinda feel sorry for her.. Seems like all her effort is gone for interviewing us.. But no choice, she made it end up like this.. Hope things will turn out well at her side soon..

Let me share some of the company benefit.. (ok la, want to hao lian a bit) =p
1. Meal Allowance ($70 monthly)
2. Travel Allowance (Changes every yr, this yr $900)
3. CNY Angbao ($200 last yr)
4. Free a box of Mooncake on Mooncake festival
5. Great prizes during Xmas party
6. Can nap during office hour for about 30mins
7. Fixed Annual leave, etc
8. Medical benefit (Given Prud card, so don't need to fork out a single cent)
9. Dental Benefit
10. Bonus (Heard they got 6mths last yr) WOW!?!?

More or less like this. The travel allowance is the one which tempted me most.. Keke.. 2 weeks ago, my manager told me that although i'm still under probation but i'm entitled to the travel allowance too, i was like WOW, ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?! But i'm left with only 3 weeks to plan my trip which is chaos as most of the tickets are madly expensive if not sold out.. Wanted to go HK but like i say either exp or sold out so end up we decided to go Phuket since it can meet our budget.. Have booked the tickets and hotel ourself, hotel cost us around $300 and flight at $566 from Jetstar so add up around $900 for the both of us. Yes, Dear's ticket can be claim too. Lucky for him... We're leaving on Xmas eve, yes i know it's my darling's birthday but we are taking night flight so don't point your finger at me hor.. Hehe..

3 more days to our holiday!!! =D

No comments: